Part 1: MDW to Orlando

Dingo watching Adventure Time
to pass the time.
Orlando

Our flight from Midway to Orlando began with a mechanical issue with the pilot explaining that one of the monitors wasn't working. We sat on the tarmac for about an hour before finally setting off. Dingo and I both hate flying, but I was a bit more comfortable this time around because I was worried about him being too anxious and being distracted. I also prefer night flights so I was able to open the shade and watch the lights of the big city come into view.

We were able to watch some live television on the flight so Dingo turned Cartoon Network on and was distracted by that. We'd decided ahead of time that we were going to have at least one drink on the plane so he got a Bailey's and coffee and I got a vodka cran-apple. His was delicious and you could barely tell it was alcoholic. It was just like you were drinking really tasty coffee. Mine was strong. I like my drinks strong, I like to taste the alcohol and my vodka cran-apple was exactly how I'd make it.

The flight was good and even the rental car process went faster than expected. Then we had to wait for three hours between the arrival of our first rental car (the sisters' VW bug, in Blackhawks red and black) and the Santa Fe that Dingo and I were getting. We didn't get to the Best Western in Okeechobee until about two or three in the morning. But we made it.

Comments

Popular Posts