Movie Review: Beowulf {1999}

I have never seen the 2007 Beowulf with Angelina Jolie, but this is not it so I still haven't seen it.

I had such a huge crush on Christopher Lambert as Raiden in Mortal Kombat and have loved him since so I was super excited when I saw my next movie had not only my beloved Christopher Lambert, but also Rhona Mitra. Ms. Mitra was in a few of my favorite movies: Skinwalkers, Sweet Home Alabama, and Rise of the Lycans.

The movie opens up to an epic battle between a group of heavily armored men and a beasty that we never see. A woman escapes the castle or whatever and runs into a group of men that apparently kill anything that tries to leave. They all stop attempting to kill her when a mysterious man on horseback arrives. He catches a spear thrown at him and proceeds to use it to pole-vault off of his horse and single-handedly dismantles most of them until they basically surrender.

The mysterious man is Beowulf (Lambert). He's brought into the castle and introduced to everyone, including the beautiful Kyra (Mitra). There's a creature everyone's afraid of, but doesn't discuss. The king has weird sex dreams.

For what it is - a goofy non-serious flick - it wasn't bad.

Moral of this movie: Cleavage and Christopher Lambert make me happy. And the super awesome soundtrack.

Comments

Popular Posts