Movie Review: The Amityville Horror (2005)

Everyone knows about the Amityville Horror, the house, the family, the movie. This rendition was the Amityville Horror of my generation.

Like the original, 2005's Amityville is super creepy and emotional and it freaks me out. I needed this to jump start my adrenaline after the snoozefest we've gone through. I'm also in a very dark place personally anyway so, it was nice to watch something that follows my own psyche at the moment.

This movie is the reason Ryan Reynolds is the face of Ian Mallok, of the Queen's Guard. It showed that he had a funny side, but could be downright scary at times.

Moral of this movie: If the house has eyes, don't move in. If your daughter shows up with a teddy bear that you've never seen before and it has one eye missing, you need to burn that SOB and the house.

Comments

Popular Posts