Movie Review: Absolute Zombies

Absolute Zombies was made in 2015. This fact surprised me as I thought it was an older foreign film, but no. It's an American-made 21st Century film.

I like how the synopsis for the film says "a unique and bizarre visual experience unlike any post-apocalyptic zombie film ever made". Yeah, I haven't seen anything like Absolute Zombies, and that's not a bad thing at all. There was a lot of use of Technicolor, inverting colors, 3D shots in a non-3D movie, and very cheap-looking and obvious green screen shots.

You guys know me, I love stupid movies. Zombie movies are some of the dumbest ones out there because anyone with a gift card to Party City can come up with a zombie. This movie took itself too seriously and I couldn't... I just didn't get it. It wasn't scary or funny or endearing. There was just nothing there but strange shots and strange colors. I felt like I was back on the Reading Rainbow, minus the educational material.

Moral of this movie: Don't worry about the zombie apocalypse. You can do pretty much anything still, even take a ride on the train.

Comments

Popular Posts