Movie Review: Beastly

Like Ex Machina, Beastly has been on my to-watch list for a long time. I wasn't too into the idea of watching it, unlike Ex Machina, but as I finished off Lilith & the Nephilim, I put it on. Background music more or less. It was a good thing I wasn't more invested in it than that.

Not even Neil Patrick Harris could save this movie. Dakota Johnson (50 Shades of Grey) and Vanessa Hudgens were in the movie too. I didn't even like Alex Pettyfer in I Am Number Four (only watched that movie for Timothy Olyphant, Jake Abel, and Kevin Durand), but in this movie I'm supposed to believe he's some vanity-obsessed youth who's cursed because he upset the girl who wears black and has a henna tattoo on her face. Stereotyping at it's bestest, peeps. Although I do have to say that Mary-Kate Olsen surprised me in this movie. I actually liked her.

So... basically Neil Patrick Harris, Mary-Kate Olsen, and Lisa Gay Hamilton - plays the super sassy Jamaican maid - are the only things I liked about this movie. I miss Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg.

Comments

Popular Posts