Doctor Who... said Peter Capaldi wasn't awesome?

Clara Oswald (Coleman) and
the 12th Doctor (Capaldi)
I have been a Doctor Who fan since David Tennant's Tenth Doctor. That doesn't give me status as a seasoned fan, but like all things I enjoy, I've become a massive, nearly obsessive, fan of the doctor and his companions.

I had a hard time shifting from Tennant's 10th to Matt Smith's 11th Doctor. Karen Gillan's Amelia Pond - the girl who waited - made the transition easier as I became obsessed with her and her spunky Scottishness.

I didn't like Clara Oswald when she first arrived. I couldn't get a hold of the dynamic between the 11th and Clara, it just wasn't the same for me after Amy and Rory left. When I heard that Matt Smith was leaving his post as the Doctor, I wasn't heartbroken, as I was more attached to Amy and Rory.

I'd seen Peter Capaldi on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and I'd often re-watch the episode because they were so amazing together. I was very intrigued when I heard that he'd been tapped to take up the reigns as the 12th Doctor. Then there was Clara. I wasn't sure I could ever get used to her. I put off watching the new doctor for one reason or another. I turned on the current season the couple days ago and have become obsessed with the 12th Doctor and surprisingly enough his companion Clara Oswald. Capaldi and Jenna Coleman are perfect as the 12th and Clara and I honestly can't get enough of them.

And now Maisie Williams is on the show as the uber awesome Ashildr. River Song has been in the promos recently which makes me endlessly happy. From what I've seen, Alex Kingston and Peter Capaldi are going to be incredible together.

All of my musings have made me realize that the Scottish characters are my favorite, especially when it comes to the Doctor.

Comments

Popular Posts