Rainy Christmas??

 

Christmas is even closer than yesterday! I know, eventually my counting down in every post is going to become annoying.

Our entire basement is covered in 4-foot-tall piles of wrapped or unwrapped gifts, but only about six presents are under the tree. My mom sent us a box of presents and hers are the only ones gracing the fancy tree skirt. She was very happy to hear that a.) we'd finally put presents under the tree and b.) they were her presents.

It's gray, gloomy, and rainy here in Illinois today, but for a Florida girl like me, it beats the alternative. This time last year it was definitely a white Christmas, but this year is just going to be a bit cold, which is absolutely fine with me.

Tomorrow I have a job interview and then I have been generously invited to a Christmas outing with my boyfriend and his family. I'm incredibly excited for both. Last year my Christmas sort of... sucked. My New Year's Eve was even worse. This year my life has done a complete one-eighty. I have a boyfriend (a real boyfriend) who I adore and who takes the best care of me, I'm back on course as far as motivation goes, my future is taking shape, and I'm so ready for it.

Comments

Popular Posts