Movie Review: American Ultra

Mike (Eisenberg) looks just like my brother. :-)
The boyfriend and I had a rare night alone and we spent it eating greasy fast food, gulping strawberry milkshakes, and watching this diamond in the rough. I was highly prepared to hate this movie just because Kristen Stewart was in it. I should know better since I loved Runaways (Stewart plays Joan Jett). This is one of the best movies I've seen all year.

Jesse Eisenberg (plays Mike) is probably one of my new favorite actors. From Zombieland to the footage of his portrayal of Lex Luthor in Batman v. Superman, I don't think I've ever not like Eisenberg. Stewart is good as long as she stays away from doe-eyed teenage romances. As Joan Jett, she was great and as Phoebe, she's great too. Mike and Phoebe have a love story that I can absolutely get behind and I loved every second of it.

Connie Britton, Topher Grace, and John Leguizamo were all great too. It was an all-around good movie. It was action-packed, hilarious, and actually got me to believe these two people would risk everything for each other. It was wonderful and I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone.

Comments

Popular Posts