Lilith & the Nephilim Snippet #1

It had been months since that night, the last time I’d seen someone other than the vampire who’d imprisoned me. It wasn’t as torturous as it could have been though. Sampsa was more distant than ever and I couldn’t think of any reason other than the baby why he’d put a halt to the daily visits. The worst part of the whole situation was that I could have easily gotten away a year ago, but Sampsa had done something no one else had. His child had rendered me powerless, helpless and hopeless. I loved the baby, but I would be home and safe if it never existed. My former idol had left me in the room I once occupied as a child with several items that I could have used to kill him, but he knew I’d never be able to overpower him.

Nevin had told me once that he enjoyed the fight of a woman who’s not so much fighting him but herself. It sounded super creepy and still did, but I understood him more than ever now. He had never taken me without me wanting it. No matter how much it hurt, no matter how much I pretended to be disgusted, I wanted him and he knew that. I’d been fighting the Abassy because everyone had told me I should. I ran to Sampsa because people had told me he’d be a better fit than Nevin. I wasn’t innocent in all of it though. I couldn’t blame anyone else for where I’d managed to get myself. I felt so pathetic and stupid and the only person I could blame was me.

The only refuge I had from my self-made nightmare was remembering the people I loved. My kids, the Guard, Caleb, Baz, Charlie… I missed them so much. I could picture all of them so clearly.

Comments

Popular Posts