Lilith & the Nephilim Snippet #7

My current predicament was the last thing on my mind as the werelion rolled my daughter and me into Rory’s room. He was in a room on my floor so it didn’t take us long to get there.

“Ah, there she is, my heart and soul,” he said softly, smiling. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked when I started to cry. “Hey, it’s not fair ta do tis when I can’t get outta tis bed, baby. Stop cryin’, please.”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything.”

“I know, baby. Can you stand up?” I nodded. “I really need ta hold ya’ so if you could just move a tad closer to me tat would be good.”

I got up, holding my daughter close, and sat down next to him on the bed. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me tightly against him, laying a kiss to my temple. I practically melted into him, never wanting to leave.

“She looks just like him,” he whispered.

“What?”

“Your daughter. She looks just like her father.” I blinked up at him. “He already paid me a visit this morning, told me all about how he finally got everything.”

“I’m sorry, Rory.” He shook his head. “I didn’t want this to happen and if I could—”

“What’s your daughter’s name?”

I looked at him for a long moment before realizing that I was in fact holding a tiny baby. “Her name is Hannele Tuula Barker,” I told her, making sure to say it slow enough.

“Hannele Tuula Barker,” he repeated even slower. “I’m going to call her Henna.” My daughter started to fuss a little and Rory simply took her from me. “Calm down, little girl,” he whispered. He shifted Henna so he had one hand supporting her head and the other under her butt.

“How are you feeling?”

“I was kidnapped, tortured, and nearly blown into a million pieces only ta find out tat tee girl I love has given birth ta tee child of the worst person on tee earth. How do you tink I am?” Before I could reply he said, “I’m sorry. I know you didn’t want it to happen like this. I’m taking my frustrations out on you when I should really wait til your husband comes back to taunt me some more.”

“Can you stop calling him that?”

“Tat’s what he is though. Dean made it official.”

“I didn’t agree to anything and it’s just… I don’t know. It’s just weird.”

“Weird? Okay, if tat’s what you wanna call it.”

“What would you call it?”

The worst ting to ever happen in our lives sorta springs to mind. Hell, I don’t know, mate. We can’t do anyting about it now and you’ve got tis one to tink about now,” he said, gesturing to Henna. “She’ll be worth it, hopefully.” He was silent for a minute before sighing heavily. “How are you, baby?”

“I’ll be a lot better when you’re out of here.”

“I highly doubt tat bloodsucker will allow us to hang out much.”

“He won’t have a choice.”

“Really? You tried to run away from him multiple times when we were kids and I’m sitting here holding tee baby you had wit him. You’re not very convincing, Sarah Barker. He’ll have whatever he wants from you.”

“He wants a son.”

He looked at me for a moment. “Your baby is only a few days old and he’s already attacked you again. Fuckin’ bastard.”

“I can’t do anything when I’m pregnant anymore. I was completely powerless.”

“Then you need to not get pregnant again. You need to build your strength back up so you can fight your way out.”

“How do I do that exactly, Rory? I can’t fight him off.”

He took a deep breath. “I can’t believe I’m sayin’ tis to ya, but you have to enjoy it. He gets off on your pain so don’t let him know you’re in pain. Make him tink ya’ like it. Take charge of ta situation.”

“He’ll never let me take charge.”

“I’ve never seen a man of any stature or nature deny you anyting, baby. Use what you were born wit because not all of it is supernatural. Some of tat is just good ol’ fashion biology and chemistry.”

“I missed you.”

“Ah, sweetheart, I still miss you.”

Comments

Popular Posts