Movie Review: I, Frankenstein

This is another movie that I've had on my list for a long time, but just never got around to watching it. I didn't have very high expectations for I, Frankenstein, but it was actually really good.

I wasn't a big fan of Aaron Eckhart as Frankenstein's monster and I think that's why it took me so long to actually watch the movie. I'm glad I did though.

Bill Nighy is brilliant, of course, as the demon prince Naberius. Like the late Alan Rickman, Mr. Nighy can't do wrong in my book. Even though Prince Naberius, Davey Jones, and Viktor are all very, very similar, they are all amazing characters and delightfully evil.

I loved the gargoyles and I absolutely loved Miranda Otto as Queen Leonore. When she first stepped into frame I was like, "Why is Eowyn here?" She was wonderful though. The entire gargoyle thing was gorgeous and they kicked serious ass. It was like what the live action movie of Gargoyles should be like if they ever made one.

Queen Leonore and her commander Gideon.

I really enjoyed this movie. By the end I still wasn't a fan of the whole Frankenstein character, but I liked everything else. I just think gargoyles deserve a movie all on their own. Just my opinion.

Moral of this movie: If you aren't a gargoyle, I don't care what happens to you.

Comments

Popular Posts