Movie Review: Against the Sun

I took a break from my usual horror/horrifically bad movies to watch Against the Sun. I've wanted to see this movie for a while because of Jake Abel, who is the inspiration for Caleb Luckhardt. I've never disliked a movie that Abel was in and this one looked extremely interesting. It also starred Tom Felton. Three minutes in and I couldn't even see him as Harry Potter's Draco Malfoy anymore. Garrett Dillahunt completes the triangle. I know Dillahunt from a few things, but I remember him mostly as the quadriplegic brother in the pig farm episode of Criminal Minds. I still can't see him as anything else.

Against the Sun is the story of three U.S. Navy airmen in WWII becoming stranded on a raft after their torpedo bomber goes down in the South Pacific. They are stranded on this raft with no provisions for a month. They face starvation, dehydration, isolation, madness, sharks, themselves, and each other as they fought to hold on.

I was in a particularly vulnerable state when I watched Against the Sun, but it actually helped. It was happy, sad, scary, and funny in all the right places.

I went out of my way to watch this movie and you should too. I promise you, it's worth the effort.

Moral of this movie: Never give up and always have your fresh cup of coffee in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts