The Whirlwind Back into Silence

Evan Rachel Wood
(character inspiration for Nora)
Good evening, everyone. I'm writing today's blog post while finishing up applications and simultaneously trying to work on this scene of dialogue between Emmett and Nora. I just got home from an hour-long walk and, with chocolate milk in hand, am playing catch up.

I have a writing partner now. My friend Jordan has been an encouraging force for years now and she is reading the Glory of the Nephilim, giving her critique and honestly helping the story take the form I always wanted it to have. She has decided to pursue her own writing after years of wanting to. I couldn't be prouder of her. I tell her every time I see her character profiles or her story bubbles that she's already put more thought and energy into her story than I have, especially at the beginning.

With Jordan's help, I've been able to find the heart and soul of Nora and her family. Her bond with Emmett has solidified and her connection with her guards are stronger than ever. I don't think I've ever enjoyed writing the "small parts" until now. I always wrote the plot points and then connected them somehow. Now, with Jordan's suggestions and critiques, I have been forced to really sit and suss out the heart of the queen and her family. It's reshaped the entire book, maybe the entire series, and I genuinely couldn't be happier or more excited about it.

While my writing is excelling, my "day job" is still a work in progress. I'm still working at the diner, but am actively searching for a career that doesn't involve trying to stay passive while a grown man yells at you because his hot dog is missing a tomato on it. I have been at the diner for three years now and I'm extremely emotionally and mentally drained. I have sad ankles and a bunion. I have a migraine at least twice a month. I had a bald spot on the front of my head from my hat and a receding hairline from wearing my hair in a ponytail every day.

Anyways... deep breaths.

I'm going to dive back into the world of Emmett and Nora, bask in their love and happiness. I'm watching Copper and Being Human because I still love looking at Kyle Schmid's face (he's my character casting for Emmett). Although... *whisper* don't tell Kyle *whisper*.... Chadwick Boseman is very nice to look at. He's very distracting and I've watch Black Panther twice in the last three days. It's on Netflix, guys. Watch Black Panther.

Comments

Popular Posts