Shhhh... | Movie Review: A Quiet Place

Mike and I decided to finally watch A Quiet Place. As fans of The Office, we're fans of John Krasinski and I'm insanely fond of his real-life wife and upcoming-Mary-Poppins, Emily Blunt. My boyfriend isn't too into scary movies, but he was going to watch this one.

I'd recommend it and can't really review it without giving spoilers.




John Krasinski as Lee Abbott was amazing. He had a strength to him that you could honestly believe. I felt like he would do anything to protect his family.

Emily Blunt plays the matriarch of the family, Evelyn Abbott. She's kind, patient and strong as hell. The scene where she has to give birth to her... so-far unnamed baby... was breathtaking. I can say without a shadow of a doubt I wouldn't be able to do half of what she does. And that bloody nail.

The kids in the movie were good. I was too busy being obsessed with milady. The corn silo scene was really great, but Mike pointed out the fact that the monster didn't sink into the corn. I'd like explanations.

All in all, a great movie. The ending wasn't my favorite. I don't feel like Lee had to die. Honestly. We're looking forward to the supposed sequel.

Comments

Popular Posts