Short stories, Novellas & Novels

I think this is the first time ever that I (Sarah Buchheit) have posted more than that other Sarah.

SEA is currently resting and basking in the fact that her newest bundle of joy has finally made it onto paper - or computer screen.

I had to post this picture that I found while surfing the wicked, wicked enabler that is the internet. This picture is the exact shade of green that I am picturing when Sampsa's eyes become "electric green". I also thought it was cool that you can see cars in the parking lot.

I'm a huge fan of Yasmine Galenorn's Sisters of the Otherworld series. I'm actually reading the most recent release, Blood Wyne, right now and it's great. She posted on her blog today about writing short stories, novellas, and novels.

Please visit her blog and check out her amazing work.

Before I read her post I didn't know the difference. I am usually very intrigued by her posts, but this one really got me because while I'm writing I become almost obsessive compulsive about numbers. Page count, line numbers, and especially word count. I have a spot on the sidebar just for my word count.

Book 5 has officially made it into novella range with 24,285 words as of 4:49 P.M.

TREMBLING WINGS was a novel with 81,078 words at the end.

WILLING DESTRUCTION stayed a novella with 38,228 words.

I just found out that Lulu (the company I self-publish through) is setting BLOOD RED ROSES up as an eBook. Pretty excited about that.

Inspired by Yasmine Galenorn - yet again - I have set up a weekly Blogger schedule for myself:
  • SUNDAY, I will repost the Movie of the Week (brought to you by SEA, Sampsa, and Tsavo)
  • MONDAY will be dedicated to music. What inspires me, what inspires you...
  • TUESDAY will be for eye candy. I'll post the pictures that inspire me when I'm writing about Sarah's men.
  • WEDNESDAY will be for updates and such about the Galoria Hunter Series.
  • THURSDAY will be the day I post the next Inspiration.
  • FRIDAY will be dedicated to all things Finnish. Finnish words, food, culture... men.
  • SATURDAY will be the day that I post snippets from whatever I'm working on.

Comments

Popular Posts