Final Essay

I am so pleased with myself right now that I'm giddy. I just completed the writing course I've been working on for the past year.

I spent the last couple of days thinking about my last essay. I had to write about my favorite memory and for the life of me I couldn't think of anything.

I couldn't put it off anymore so I turned on some HIM, cranked it to eleven, and got to work.

This is what I submitted:
My favorite memory came about pretty recently, only a year ago actually. I dropped out of school after ninth grade due to extreme social anxiety that made it almost impossible to bear. I didn’t think about returning to school until I moved in with my brother and his wife in March of this year. One of the stipulations of my living there was that I get my GED and they immediately enrolled me in a GED prep class. After being dropped off at Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology, rather literally, I started to become motivated and I focused on accomplishing the feat. The tests took two days to complete and the time seemed to slow to a crawl. After finishing the last test, I felt better about myself than I had in a very long time. When my sister-in-law came in with a manila envelope with my name on it, I couldn’t help but to feel anxious. I pulled out a certificate that said high school diploma in big, bold letters. Pride and excitement surged through me and I can admit that I cried. So far in my eighteen years of life, getting my high school diploma is by far my favorite and most visited memory.

Comments

  1. Good essay, Sarah, and well done you for going back and getting your diploma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave any comment you'd like as long as it's appropriate, which means no excessive cursing, lewd and/or just mean comments, and nothing violent. Except for you, Momma, you can post whatever you want.

Popular Posts