Movie Review: The Gallows

Charlie. Charlie. Char - nope, not gonna say it. Nope. Nope. Nopity Nopes.

In 1993, a teen named Charlie is accidentally killed during a school performance of The Gallows. Pan to 2015 and the resurrection of The Gallows. Lead boy has crush on lead girl, lead boy's bff makes a fool of himself and lead boy, and comes up with a plan to destroy the set so lead boy doesn't have to do the play - as he's a horrible actor.

Lead boy, BFF, and BFF's girlfriend get into the school through a door that doesn't close. Lead girl sees lead boy's car out in the parking lot and scares the bejeezus out of them. BFF loses his cool and evokes Charlie.

All hell breaks loose.

The Gallows kept me on the edge of my seat - or bed in this case. I actually had my face covered for some of it and I scared the cat a couple times. It was great.

Moral of this movie: Save the drama for your homicidal ghosty friend.

Comments

Popular Posts