Movie Review: Diablo

I have a new obsession. His name is Scott Eastwood. I don't know how it happened, or when exactly, but I've moved from Henry Cavill and Aidan Turner to Clint Eastwood's doppelganger.

Today I watched a movie called Diablo. I had no idea what it was about, who was in it... all I knew was it had Scott Eastwood in it and it looked slightly western-ish. SOLD!

I was already invested when the words WALTON GOGGINS flashed up on the screen. I nearly screamed in excitement. Walton Goggins, for all you uneducated, uncultured swine, played the incomparable Boyd Crowder on this immensely brilliant show called Justified. Walton always plays a psycho and is absolutely fantastic in every role he's in. This role was no different.

Scott, my new muse, was fantastic as a man trying to rescue his wife. Plot twist, plot twist, plot twist.... oh, lord, the plot twist. The plot twist is so good that it turns the entire movie on its head and you've now found yourself in the middle of a situation so opposite to what you thought you were in that you start to question what you've been watching. It's like the Sixth Sense, but a western.

Scott Eastwood and Walton Goggins

Moral of this movie: I will fall for a psychopath before I'll fall for a good, decent human being.

Comments

Popular Posts