Writing Wednesday

A modest man never talks to himself.

Well, apparently I'm a lot less modest than I thought. I talk to myself all the time and sometimes I even get answers. To normal people, that may sound completely crazy, but I'm sure there are the few who know what I'm talking about.

Sarah and I go way back. WAY BACK. She's been with me since I can remember and I have my best ideas while talking to her. She's gotten me through a lot of hard times and has been there with me for the good times.


Lily came down to see what I was working on.

As I mature - and I've done a lot of maturing over the past couple months - she matures right along with me. When I'm in a bad mood, she's in a bad mood and vise versa.

It's not a split personality thing. I have my own mental demons to deal with as it is, I don't need that.

I'm a visual reader and a visual writer. Sometimes I'm writing even when I'm not holding a pencil or typing on my laptop.

While I'm making my coffee in the morning, I'm thinking of Sarah making her coffee and what's going on around her while she does it. Sometimes it's very mundane, but other times it can sprout an idea or even an entirely new plot.

As far as Ren Badlok goes, I have to force myself into her world. It was hard at first, but it's becoming easier. I'm just glad that I started writing it in third person because I could never relate to Ren. She's on an entirely different brain wave than Sarah and me.

Ren and her home port of Zerth started as a dream I had. It was sort of like the girl in the pool, but a much more pleasant dream. I told my mom about it during our daily phone call and she said that I had to write it down. I didn't. I will eventually get to write about the scene I saw in my head, because they always come back to me, but at the moment I have to work with... nothing.

I've never created something out of thin air. Sarah is a part of me, you know. Sarah and her family have been my family more than my own so, at first I felt like I was betraying them by starting something new. And at first they were a bit peeved, especially the guys, but they're better now because I gave them something to hunt down and kill.

I know they're upset with me because they're very hard to talk to and they get very silent. I've learned that I have to take break in between GH and RP because they don't gel well.

At the moment, both are pretty happy with me.

Comments

Popular Posts