I am the Creator

Beauty and the Angel is obviously a spin on Beauty and the Beast. When I started writing the series, really writing it, I had no idea the track the characters would go down. Blood Red Roses was my first attempt to rein them in and try to get them to work out some of their issues in a format that would entertain everyone, not just me.

As I wrote Nephilim, I realized that I should write to entertain myself more than anyone. I also realized that my readers are not in my head. They don't know why something happens or how something happens unless I let them know. Or Sarah lets them know, I should say.

I have conversations with my imaginary friends and write it down. If you're not in my head, you have no beeping idea what's going on.

I didn't let anyone read Blood Red Roses until it was published. No one. I didn't even want to read it. I was scared and really, really anxious. I'm an anxious person anyway, but when I was writing BRR... I was a basket-case. I was careful not to say anything or even hint at anything.

I've been writing about Sarah and her band of merry men since I can remember, but I had never let anyone into that world.

I love the world that I've created. I love it more than mine most of the time. Sarah and her friends were my only companions for a long time. I talk to them about things that I've never talked to anyone about. Sometimes they give me answers or opinions that I don't like and sometimes they agree. The one thing that I can always count on is that they'll always be around to give me their two cents.

I have one last thing to say. I truly wish that Emmett was real. I wish I had the power to create him corporeally. Some would say he's not very nice and not the ideal person. He's been here for me more than anyone else. Sometimes I think Sarah and I share him. She might not think that, but whether she likes it or not... I am the creator.

Comments

Popular Posts