BatA Snippet #1

Here is the first snippet of Beauty and the Angel. This is from Part 1 (Emmett's part). 

   “Honey, men are like disposable lighters,” someone said, halting our discussion. “If one stops lighting your fire, there are a million more willing to do it.”
    The two women rounded the corner and revealed themselves to be my daughter, Emma, and my step-daughter, Egypt Johnson.
    “Well, I’ve got a lot of wood to burn. I may need two lighters,” my daughter said.
    “Emma Grace,” I scoffed.
    Her gaze jumped from Egypt to me and then she lost her footing, tripping over the area where carpet met tile. Her sister managed to grab her before she landed face-first.
    “Papa, I didn’t- I was just joking."
    I sighed as I crossed my arms and looked behind her. Egypt looked more nervous than I’d ever seen her.
    “Emmett, I’m sorry-” I held up my hand to stop her.
    “Just try not to encourage Odette or any of your more… incorrigible sisters. Okay?”

Comments

Popular Posts