Teaser Tuesday

Queen Sarah (Evan Rachel Wood) and Charlie (Henry Cavill)
Continuing our Charlie-themed month, the first Teaser Tuesday is a little bit of action involving our resident undeniably hot primary guard and Queen Sarah from GLORY OF THE NEPHILIM (available now!).





    I guess I managed to fall asleep on the plane. Either that or I passed out from the massive amount of Shirley Temples Charlie had given to me. When the plane jolted to the side, I suddenly remembered where I was.
    Charlie was sitting across from me still. He looked concerned, but when he saw that I was awake, he quickly covered it up.
    “Sarah, are you alright?” he asked.
    I didn't even have time to come up with a clever remark or even an answer because the plane started to shake.
    “Yeah, I'm fine,” I said, grabbing my Shirley Temple, which was more like pink water now that the ice had melted.
    “I wish I could believe that,” he replied with a strained grin. “We're going to be fine. It's just a bit of turbulence. Captain Nichols said there was a little storm. That must be what’s going on right now. It's normal to have a bit of turbulence, okay?”
    He was trying really hard to convince me that we were going to be okay. I was pretty sure he wasn't just trying to convince me. Another jolt and a sudden gush of air came passed us.
    “Is that normal?” I asked, sarcastically.
    “I'm not–”
    The masks dropped from the ceiling. Never since the invention of those masks had I ever seen them in person. I didn't mind not seeing them before. I quite liked not being able to see them.
    “What’s going on?”
    “I don't know, but I'm going to find out.”
    Charlie took off his seat belt and started toward the cockpit. If we were in a car, I would have freaked out if anyone took off their seat belt. We weren’t in a car. We were in a jet at 30,000 feet.
    “Charlie, what are you doing?” He kept moving forward. “Charlie, get back here!”
    He opened the door to the cockpit and I could see that the nose of the plane was gone. It explained where the sudden refreshing breeze was coming from. I screamed when Charlie lost his balance as the plane did sort of a bunny hop. He grabbed the door frame before he fell into the giant hole that used to be the cockpit. The suction was so powerful that I could see his fingers starting to slip one by one.
    “Charlie!” I shouted over the wind, unbuckling my seat belt and lurching forward.
As soon as I was free of the seat belt, the suction grabbed me and no matter how deep my fingers clutched the seat, I couldn’t keep from falling into the hole. I had just enough time to see about one third of my life flash before my eyes before a hand grabbed my wrist.
    “What the hell were you thinking?” Charlie screamed at me.
    “I was trying to help you!”
    “How’s that working out?”
    “Shut up!”
    Using his grip on my wrist, he pulled me up against his body. I wrapped my arms around him and held on as tightly as I physically could. He threw his free hand up next to the other one and started to pull us up.
A cracking sound pulled my attention to his hands and my heart dropped. The spot where his fingers gripped the door frame was splintering.

Comments

Popular Posts