Charlie's Interview

Our Character of the Month Charlie de Beaufort was the first to take our character survey. (Must read in hot, deep British accent.)
  1. How do you feel about your family, now that you’re an adult?
    I have always had a strained relationship with my family. I've never gotten along with my father. We just don't agree on anything. He has a very entitled view on the world that I simply never had. My brother and sister were born with the same mindset. They all believe the world owes them and I couldn't agree more. I didn't appreciate that way of thinking even before my father turned his sights on Sarah, but back then it was easy to get away from it. When he became involved with Hunter, it all became a tad more difficult to escape.
  2. What do you want from life?
    I joined the Guard because my aspiration was to be nothing like my father. Since joining the Guard I've managed to build my own little family and my goal has shifted to wanting to protect them. I just want to do my job to the best of my abilities.
  3. If you were granted three wishes, what would you ask for?
    That's a tough one. I don't know.
  4. What three things would you take to a deserted island?
    Some Guinness, a deck of cards, and a tent.
  5. In your relationship with others, how are you different with family than you are with friends? Why?
    I don't get along with my family, that's the difference.
  6. How do you fall in love? At first sight? Over a long period?
    I don't think I believe in love at first sight. I think you can instantly be pulled to someone, there can be that magnetic, undeniable attraction, but love is something that grows over a long period of time.
  7. What parts of loving come easy for you? Hard?
    I don't have an easy time letting people in completely. I've never had the need to do so and it's difficult to allow someone to know how I truly feel. It stems from my childhood when whatever I felt was wrong because I was essentially the outcast in the family. What comes easily? I tend to become very protective very quickly. I wasn't very protected throughout my life so I think it's me correcting that absence in my own way.
  8. How do you decide if you can trust someone? Experience with others? with this person? First impressions? Intuition? Do you test the person somehow? Or are you just generally disposed to trust or not to trust?
    I have a hard time trusting people and I'm very skeptical of everyone until they've proven without a doubt that they can be trusted. Like love, trust just takes time to grow. You don't deserve trust, you earn it.
  9. When you walk into a room, what do you notice first? Second?
    I've been in the Guard too long. *chuckles* I notice how many people are in the room and where all of the possible exits and entrances are.
  10. When you walk into a room, what do you expect people to notice about you?
    That I'm nothing like my father. If I can leave a room without resembling my father in any way, I am more than happy.
  11. Is one sense more highly developed than another?
    I'm a vampire so all of my senses are stronger than an average human's. My eyesight I'd have to say is my strongest though.
  12. Did you turn out the way you expected? The way your parents predicted?
    God, I hope not. They wanted me to be just like my father. As soon as I gathered enough courage I stowed away with the Guard and was the youngest person to ever join. I like the way I turned out. I still have a lot of years ahead of me so, I can't really tell you how I'll turn out.
  13. What really moves you, or touches you to the soul?
    I am endlessly inspired by the strength within Sarah and her family. From her great-grandmother to her granddaughter, they're all so incredibly brave and intelligent. I mean they all do make the same decisions that aren't all that smart, but they bounce back like no one else can and it is something to see for sure.
  14. What's the one thing you have always wanted to do but didn't/couldn't/wouldn't? What would happen if you did do it?
    I've always wanted to tell someone of my feelings for them. It's impossible to be subtle about it, but I can't act on it because I'd either lose her and what we have - our friendship as it is now - or it could just cause us both a lot of pain.
  15. What do you consider are your strengths?
    I'm incredibly loyal. When I care about someone, I'll care about them for the rest of my life almost to a fault. Usually to a fault.
  16. What do you consider are your weaknesses?
    My loyalty. It gets me into horrid situations more often than not.
  17. What is one physical attribute you are proud of?
    My hands. I've done a lot with them and occasionally felt like they'd break or collapse, but they kept with me.
  18. What one physical attribute would you change?
    Anything that reminds people of my father, which I guess would be my entire face.
  19. What do you consider your special talent?
    I'm very good at cards.
  20. What do you wish your special talent was?
    I wish I could play an instrument, or anything in the arts. I used to sketch, but it was never anything notable. It's always bothered me that I couldn't play piano or guitar.
  21. What are you most proud of about your life?
    I've managed to avoid the aristocratic lifestyle that my family thrives on.
  22. What's the worst thing you've ever done? Why?
    I let Emmett Hunter bring my father into Sarah's life. I never should have let Hunter introduce himself to her, but if I'd been there, he never would have introduced Jean-Claude de Beaufort to her.
  23. Describe your ideal mate.
    She'd need to be strong and intelligent. She doesn't have to say too much, but when she does, it means something and it's not just an airy time-filler. She'd also need to be able to play cards, even if it's just Go Fish.
  24. What are you most afraid of?
    I'm most afraid of becoming like my father.
  25. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?
    Sarah is what I value most. She's my priority above all others.
  26. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?
    I'd change the fact that Hunter and my father have wormed their way into Sarah's life. They're making my job a lot harder than it needs to be.
  27. If you could be an animal, what would it be?
    I think I'd be some sort of bird of prey, an eagle or a hawk. Something very large with the ability to fly. I'd like to be able to just fly away at any given time.

Comments

Popular Posts