Just a Little Update

 

I'm sitting here watching my girls lose the fight against sleep. I was supposed to be continuing my journey with Queen Nora today, but I felt more like talking about my life.

It's been a whole three years since a tiny tuxedo kitten turned my life upside down. Benjen was a catalyst in so many ways. I genuinely believe that if it weren't for Benjen being the ass that he is, I'd still be in an unhappy relationship or I'd still be living with my sister. I feel like he was sent from my mom.

Now, I am with a man that I absolutely adore and who reciprocates every emotion. He loves me at my worst and is proud of nearly everything that I do. He makes me want to be everything I can be, but I know without a doubt that if I fail at something, he won't judge me. We can talk for hours and we still laugh at the same stupid one-liners. We are genuinely best friends. Even when I come home impulsively with two kittens, he never got angry or disappointed. He just said, "Your heart is too big". We are still living with his dad, but are really gearing up now to get a place of our own. With him, I see a future. I see a wedding, a home, babies, that stupid, impractical picket fence.

A year and a half after meeting, we're engaged, we are both running our departments, and are the proud guardians of three fur babies. I can't wait to see what we do next.

Comments

Popular Posts