Derma Rollers & Toners

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody. It's bittersweet for me, but I'm in a place now where I can look fondly back at the past and still be optimistic about the future. Like my face.

My face had a bit of an issue after doing so many new things, trying so many new things. My skin doesn't to revolt. I have a nice big swollen, dry patch right up my right eyebrow and my lips decide to swell up on the inside any time I use something they don't care for. It sadly has been mostly the Jeffree Star Cosmetics velour lipsticks I received in my two mystery boxes. Luckily, they are still eye-safe and wonderful to look at so, they are now in the eyes section of my growing collection.

I saw Tati Westbrook using what is called a Derma Roller and I was intrigued. When I got my February Ipsy bag, I was able to add things to the bag. I got a sample of Pixi Exfoliating Toner, a Farah brush, and a Derma Roller. I included that all in my upcoming "Unbagging" video. I researched the heck out of both before putting them anywhere near my already angry face.

I have a 0.25 roller, which does little more than allow your skincare products to get slightly deeper and work slightly better. The 0.25 refers to the - brace yourself - needles on the roller. In the future, if I see results and my skin doesn't just shlop off, I will be adding maybe a 1.0 roller to my wishlist. Anything above a 0.5 will encourage collagen and skin regeneration, which is something I recently - at 27 years old - became aware of.

I used my roller for the first time last night. There was some swelling and redness, but I woke up this morning to a nice, fresh, fuller face. I can't tell you if it was real or I was still just swollen, minus the redness. I used my Pixi Exfoliating Toner this morning. I was an absolute idiot and didn't check the ingredients. One of the things you need to worry about after rolling is to not apply anything abrasive. One of the first ingredients in the, what I'm going to start calling, PET is glycolic acid. It was one of the things the very nice lady warned me about. Unfortunately, I didn't think to read the ingredients before applying onto my freshly rolled face.

Fortunately, the burning, swelling and redness has gone away. Unfortunately, I have to figure what products my face will tolerate. Or my channel will become a vlogging gaming channel again. And I will be sad.

Comments

Popular Posts