New Leaf

I have officially taken the first step toward my future. I put in my notice at the diner on Sunday. October 27th will be my last day.

I'm excited and scared and ready and unsure.

Tomorrow, I will be going on an interview at a doggie daycare just about five minutes away from our house. I have been trying to crack into the medical field for the past couple years (phlebotomy, dental assisting...), but something has always come up to block that path.

I've always loved animals. I wanted to be a veterinarian, but I realized, as a young child, I'd rather cut open humans or stick syringes into humans. I wanted to become a zookeeper, but it's easier and faster to become a dental assistant. I became a babysitter/dogsitter when I moved from Florida to Illinois. I loved all of my puppers and if I could have lived off of it, I would have watched those dogs forever. Alas, I couldn't live off $50 a week.

So when Jordan, my bestie and partner in all things semi-productive, found out I was in the market for a job, she pushed me toward either Barnes and Noble or something animal related. On one of our morning sessions at Peet's, I just started sending out applications. The morning after I got a call back.

I have 24 more days at the diner, but tomorrow may just be the first time I step into my new career. They watch dogs, board dogs, groom and train. This could honestly be the stepping stone I need to jump into a legitimate career that I will love.

I obviously will have all the updates tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts