Meet Benjen

Nova & me                   -                Benjen & me
Dingo went to a wedding last weekend. I couldn't go because I had to work and I've already taken four days off for the trip the family is taking to Orlando next weekend. Anywho... on Saturday, while he was out of town, Dingo's housemate found a kitten in their garage. I immediately told him, "I'll take it. I'm serious." I was so anxious all weekend.

Dingo came home on Sunday and I bee-lined it over to his place. On the drive over I was thinking about every scenario I could think of. What if it was gone? What if it wasn't and wasn't even a kitten? What if it was mangy or diseased? What if it was perfectly healthy? What if it was a tuxedo? I came to the conclusion that I'd burst into tears if it was. When I got there, Dingo and everyone there was in the garage trying to find this kitten. I'm already bummed because I'm thinking it's not in there anymore. He gets a ladder and looks at the top shelf. "It's a little tuxedo cat." I nearly lost my mind. I honestly almost fell over. It took all of us to capture this tiny, furry tornado, but when we did and I finally got to look at him... I cried. I made sure no one saw me because I don't think anyone would understand, but I cried as I looked at this tiny, trembling doppelganger of my kit-kat. He even had the Cindy Crawford beauty mark.

I immediately announced to anyone and everyone, much to Dingo's chagrin, that I was keeping "it" (didn't know the gender yet). His housemates were joking that I should name "it" Benjamin John, since they found "it" and their names are Ben and John. "B.J for short". Ummmm..... no. I called the vet's office that we take Maddie to and was able to make an emergency appointment with the vet. I didn't want to take "it" home or into Dingo's house if it was going to pass anything onto our dogs or cats. Within an hour of catching "it", we knew "it" was about 8 weeks old, "it" was healthy, and "it" was a he. "It" was a perfectly healthy, perfectly sweet 8-week-old tuxedo tomcat.

I named him Benjen, a play on Benjamin John that I can live with since it's also an awesome character from Game of Thrones. He couldn't be more sweet and playful. He's everything that I've wanted for so long now. He even doesn't mind Lily the Labradoodle.

I have the best boyfriend, who understood why it meant so much for Benjen to show up in my life and was only moderately annoyed by me dropping $200 within the first hour of having him. I have the best family, who have fallen in love with the tiny, furry tornado.

Oh, fun fact, Benjen was born the same week Dingo and I went to Turkey Run. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts