End of a Decade


Good morning, everybody. I'm just sitting here watching the Wendy Williams show and reflecting on the past two weeks. It's been absolutely crazy here.

Bubba turned 10 on May 31st. I have been here in Illinois for three years (May 27th). Some days it doesn't seem like it's been that long and some days it seems like it's been an eternity. Anyway for Bubba's 10th birthday, we're redecorating his bedroom. Right before he was born my sisters and brother-in-law decorated it from top to bottom in Winnie the Pooh stuff. I wasn't here when that happened, but it was all still up until about a week ago. This past week the repainting was finished. It's going to be baseball themed so it's a bit of a creamy color for the ceiling and the top half of the wall and a very nice tan for the bottom half of the wall. The dresser in the far side of the picture was actually his changing table when he was a baby. The "changing area" is now used to hold his assortment of trophies and medals. The Winnie the Pooh lamps are the only remnants of his old room decor. I thought it was funny that they're sitting next to the Minecraft creeper head he got for his birthday.

When I first arrived here Bubba was still only six years old, it was four days before his birthday. We didn't know each other at all and were both very shy and standoff-ish. Now that 10-year-old is the coolest kid I know. He's freakishly smart, funny, goofy, and really good at things I could only take pictures of. He hit a grand slam on his birthday!!! It probably helped bond us when he realized I'm just a kid like him. I'd say an oversized kid, but as of this year, he's grown a shoe size bigger than me and there's signs of a decrease in his growth.

Well, until next time....

Comments

Popular Posts