Falling into Ek'ziel

I finished what was at the time known as Out of Exile at12:30 AM on November 19. It has since been changed from Out of Exile to Out of Ek'ziel to Running into Ek'ziel and finally to Falling into Ek'ziel.

I took a week off from writing during the week of Thanksgiving, which was perfect timing. When I sat down to write again on the 27th, I wrote the first 2,000 words of Book 10. I've got a tentative title already and it's a throwback to when I asked for help titling Trembling Wings. My Facebook-buddy Greg James, who is more talented in all things than I could ever hope to be, suggested a couple and one of them was New Dawn Fades. I loved it then, but it just didn't fit. It fits Book 10 to the letter. It's perfect. So... thanks, Greg.

MISGUIDED GHOSTS, the collection of short stories and novellas I've been working on, is coming together quite nicely. Frankie - Sarah's oldest child - has more of a story in her than I thought she did. I knew there would be a story in there somewhere when I started writing from her POV for the title story, but I had no idea her voice would be so strong and prominent. She's still talking to me and I've finished her story. Luckily for my relationship with her mother, which was hard to get back after spending so much time with someone else, Windmill (the story of Sarah and her first husband, Paul) and Prodigal Son (the story of when Dean first showed up) are both from Sarah's POV. She was extremely quiet for like a week after I spent five days with Frankie. I have to learn to multitask.

SIGN OF LIFE, Book 8, is about to go into the editing process. I can't believe I have a backup of books for my lovely, lovely, lovely proofreaders to indulge in. It should get them away from Fifty Shades for a while. Maybe.

Comments

Popular Posts