Book 8


This is the cover I’d wanted for book 8 back when it’s working title was Bound. Now it’s working title is Sign of Life and I have no idea what I’m going to do for the cover. I like having an idea of a cover before I finish the book because it gives me some ideas of where to take things. It’s also fun to tie in the cover image somehow and I really love doing that.

When I was wrapping VANITY, book 7, up, I wanted book 8 to be about Sarah being bound to Sampsa while she fell deeper in love with Finn, but as some of you may know, characters have a mind of their own and Frankie’s spin-off novella caused me to step back and look at the big picture - which in the Galoria Hunter universe is massive. Book 8 started differently than the others and it’s been different all the way through.

I think watching Game of Thrones and Criminal Minds nonstop has influenced me in good and bad ways. They are my favorite shows and I watch them constantly. I think that may be the reason why book 8 is so… I don’t know, primal seems to be the only word that fits. It’s getting down to the gritty side of what Sarah and her crew have to do.

I’ve loved every minute I’ve spent working on book 8, whatever the title and cover will end up being.

PS - This is the first GH8 tagged post for Blogger. Strangely happy about that. Maybe I'm just generally happy lately. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts